In view of burgeoning global demand for Chinese-language academic resources, Airiti Library has integrated academic resources in Taiwan and China into a platform that includes major full-text content spanning academic journal articles, degree theses and dissertations and conference papers. This makes it currently the Chinese-language academic community's largest collection of articles and most complete academic platform. To promote the introduction of Chinese-language academic research into the global community, Airiti Library is cooperating with prominent global service providers such as CrossRef, Google, Google Scholar, South Korea's Naver, EBSCO Host's bibliographic discovery system EDS, and the ExLibris bibliographic discovery system Primo, as well as the international DOI community and the ORCID service to allow scholars around the world more convenient access to the outstanding results of Chinese-language academic research.
Airiti Library has collected current Chinese-language academic articles into a single platform for retrieval and has integrated powerful search engines to maximize the relational and influential impact of its collected academic articles. Readers can use the Airiti Library single retrieval interface for cross-disciplinary literature searches of:
- Over 5,600 types of academic journals included in international citation index databases such as the Science Citation Index, Social Sciences Citation Index, Ei Compendex, CA, Taiwan Social Sciences Citation Index, MEDLINE, Chinese Social Sciences Citation Index and Chinese Science Citation Database, the guide to Chinese core periodicals and pertinent index citation journals.
- Over 3,300,000 full electronic texts spanning the six major academic disciplines: The Humanities, Social Sciences, Basic & Applied Sciences, Health & Medical Care, Engineering as well as Bio-Agriculture.
- Degree theses and dissertations from 2004 onward written by graduates of outstanding universities and colleges in Taiwan, Hong Kong, Macao and Australia such as National Taiwan University, National Chung Kung University, National Chiao Tung University, National Tsing Hua University, Taipei Medical University, and the University of Hong Kong to provide hundreds of thousands of high-quality degree theses and dissertations an important reference sources for researchers in various fields.
Airiti Library exclusively introduced the ACI academic citation index database to allow simultaneous bibliographic browsing and reference citation browsing, and via the relationship between citations within an article and instances of it being cited, to search more pertinent material. It also combines the Airiti DOI service for all of Taiwan and collaborates with the largest international DOI platform, CrossRef to cite links on a case-by-case basis for full-text searching convenience. The DOI can accurately point to preprint articles, allowing readers convenient access at any time to the most up-to-date and current academic research results. In 2014, Airiti Library was linked to the international ORCID service allowing scholars when setting up individual databases to use the ORCID system to import their authored works. Recent system upgrades allow users to enjoy the following features:
- Integrated one-time searches of journals, theses and dissertations in all of Taiwan and mainland China;
- Precise retrieval: mutual searches in traditional or simplified characters, advanced searches, command searches, refined results, tree browsing, etc.;
- Citation links: Directly click on a citation link to immediately be linked to the entire text of the cited reference for download;
- Individualized management: individualized value-added services, downloading records, watch lists, record of search and reading history, etc.;
- Bibliographic tools: Support for EndNote and RefWorks formats, Zotero Firefox package, etc. and can directly output APA and MLA bibliographic formats;
- Preprint: many professional field journals have adopted Airiti Library's newest pre-print feature to give their subscribers access to the latest academic research results before release of the article in print; and
- Multi-lingual interface: available in traditional Chinese, simplified Chinese, English and Korean.
airiti Library includes all of the academic literature databases operated by Airiti Inc.: the CEPS Chinese-language electronic journal service database and the CETD Chinese-language electronic degree thesis and dissertation service database. (CEPS and CETD were completely integrated into Airiti Library in March of 2013, so users continue to have access to all CEPS and CETD content and services via Airiti Library).